Favorite Place in the World

Favorite Place in the World

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Week Blues.

First week of law school has been going pretty well.

Last night I did like five hours of homework.
I took a study break and turned to my arch nemesis, the television. I can seriously watch movies or silly shows for hours before I realize what I've done. I was thrilled to see that Hocus Pocus was on. That is one of my favorite moves.. OF ALL TIME!!! That paired with the chill in my house and my hankering for potato soup made me long for fall.

Just a little over a week until football starts, and I head to San Diego.
I'm getting more and more excited for the trip.

Back to law school though, since that is what I should be blogging about.
Five hours last night, and maybe three tonight.
I feel like I really don't know much but that I'm catching on decently. May mean I'm doing something wrong, but at least I have time to figure it out.
Turns out every class this semester is judged only on the final exam at the end of the semester that is graded anonymously. Kinda freaked me out and had a little mini melt down with my mom tonight.
The schedule at U of A is a little weird. We have the same classes Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday then another set on Wednesday and Friday. That means a whole new set of classes tomorrow, but I'm kinda excited.
Norvell is the only professor that everyone is terrified of. He seems to call on people and be very harsh when the answers are incorrect. I've heard he does this to prepare the students for less than favorable judges we may encounter during our career.
Since it's the first week I'm taking it all in stride and enjoying what I can.
Like a "free" tshirt for buying student season tickets to the hog games, and free burgers for lunch from some campus thing. (Not so effective I might add).

Oh, another bit of good news, I won a free i-pod loaded with a first year help program from BarBri.
It may be cheesy (Jeff) but I was/am excited.

Hope everyone has a great next few days!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment