Favorite Place in the World

Favorite Place in the World

Saturday, August 20, 2011

I've learned a lot in my twenty two years.

I'll never stop learning, and that's a good part of life.
However I think its important to share with other people
so that maybe the life lessons will be easier, and possibly less painful.

1. You, and every other person you know, pays for the mistakes of others.
    (Examples: Welfare, I don't have children or plan to but through taxes I contribute. Relationships, if someone has hurt your friend or you in a relationship the next person to come along will inevitably bear the brunt. School, if someone cheated on a test the test will be harder to cheat on in the future.)

2. All good things are a double edged sword.
(Examples: Good grades, you will be held to a higher standard and have harder assignments. Great friends, make the worst enemies. Trust someone, and you give them the power to destroy you.)

3. When you feel like you have a problem, don't always rely on your friends. They can make your mountains look like silly mole hills. (Positive and negative)

4. Your friends and family are the only ones who will listen to you most of the time. (even if they don't really want to )

5. Cherish every minute of every good thing you have. (You don't know how long it will last, and its better to not waste the time you have worrying about the future.)

6. Plan ahead. (While worrying isn't good, neither is being completely blindsided by events that can shake your foundations).


This is a random list, and its been whats on my mind the past day or so.

In law school news:
Orientation is officially over.
On the second day we learned how to brief a case, which is good seeing as how we already have homework.
For contracts there is simple reading.
For LRW (Legal Research and Writing) we have a packet to read, which is actually not too bad although I broke out the dictionary for a few terms.
And for another class I'm working on briefing a few cases in preparation for Wednesday.

Made decent money today at work, and I think I'm going to drink tonight.

Love y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment